Started in 1972, INTERSTATE TIRES is manufacturing tires for Passenger, Light Truck and Commercial vehicles. INTERSTATE expanded rapidly and has developed its own unique product range. The company’s successful execution of its unique marketing strategy has produced units sales growth that has consistently outpaced that of the replacement tire industry.
With European technology and Asian (Taiwan, Thailand & China) production, INTERSTATE stands for high quality and consistent supply. INTERSTATE has been cooperating with world leaders in the development of advanced technology in the design and production of tires.
In April 2018, INTERSTATE BRAND was purchased by TBC Corporation
For the last 62 years, TBC, one of North America’s largest marketers of automotive replacement tires through a multi-channel strategy, has been a tire company ahead of the curve. Through worldwide operations spanning wholesale, retail, and franchise, TBC provides customers best-in-class brands services with the underlying mission to exceed customer expectations. TBC serves wholesale customers in the United States, Canada and Mexico through TBC Brands, NTW, TBC International, and TBC de Mexico.
INTERSTATE has a clear strategy:
- Exclusivity per country.
- Offer the best service and work with long-term customers only.
- Support customers with a great selection of marketing and promotional material.
- Offer a good supply and consistent quality.
Why Interstate ?
What differentiates Interstate Tires from other brands ?
1. Interstate Tires started in 2009 with the implementation of stringent tire labeling and fuel economy regulations for all their tires.
In 2015 Interstate Tires redesigned its complete product offering and improved structural components such as tread patterns and reformulating compounds-in tires.
Interstate Tires continue to seek opportunities to reduce rolling resistance, increase wear resistance, and improve fuel economy for vehicle owners.
2. In 2015 Interstate Tires shifted from standard grades to high-performance solution-styrene butadiene (S-SBR) and neodymium poly-butadiene (Nd-PBR) rubbers.
3. Interstate Tires continues to increase the substitution of carbon black with silica and polymer nano-composite fillers in tire treads. The growth in the usage of Nd-PBR and S-SBR in Interstate’s tire treads has reduced rolling resistance significantly.
The Interstate ECO Tour Plus is one of the industries leading low-rolling resistance tires.
4. While steel and polyester cords remain the most preferred in the tire industry, Interstate Tires is using ultra-modern carbon and synthetic fibers to increase strength and performance.
5. ALL Interstate Tires are produced with environment-friendly treated-distillate aromatic extract (TDAE), mild extraction solvate (MES), and naphthenic oils.
TBC acquires Interstate Tires marketing rights
14 May 2018
TBC Corporation, a marketer of automotive replacement tires through a multi-channel strategy, has acquired the marketing rights of the Interstate Tire brand.
For more than 45 years, Interstate Tires has offered a broad portfolio of tires throughout more than 73 countries worldwide.
“We’ve had the opportunity to work with the Interstate Tires team for the last 10 years, and we are excited about the opportunity to take the brand to the next level,” said Marty Krcelic, executive vice president at TBC Corporation. “We will continue to make strategic decisions in the best interest of our company and our customers as we strive, every day, to provide dealers with high-quality lines accompanied by exceptional customer service.”
With more than 20 years in the automotive industry, Theo de Vries has joined the TBC Team to help support customers with the Interstate Tire Program. He has worked in several leadership roles in sales and marketing for Interstate Europe.